Can Mucinex (guaifenesin) be taken for asthma?

Yes. Mucinex (guaifenesin) is a medication to help liquify secretions. If secretions are hard to raise, Mucinex (guaifenesin) may be helpful as an adjunct. It may be more helpful in treating copd.
Mucinex (guaifenesin) Though not helpful for your bronchial spasm, excessive mucous is produced with this condition. Mucinex (guaifenesin) is only used by some of use if the mucous gets too thick and discolored from a secondary injection.
It can be but... Guaifenesin is used to relieve chest congestion. Guaifenesin may help control symptoms but does not treat the cause of symptoms or speed recovery. Guaifenesin is in a class of medications called expectorants. It works by thinning the mucus in the air passages to make it easier to cough up the mucus and clear the airways. Best asthma meds: albuterol/corticosteriods.