My daughter touched a garden snail, do I need to be worried?

Dr. Arthur Hoffman
In brief: Not really
Yes children can be injured in many ways of not only chemical rneans, but the number of microbes and tiny nasties that are waiting in dirt is numerous.
Gi symptoms are number one. I assume this was a brief encounter. If possible, capture the snail for your pediatrician. Most important is letting your pediatrician know asap. Please do not wait.

In brief: Not really
Dr. Arthur Hoffman
Dr. Arthur Hoffman
Dr. Kevin Considine
In brief: Wash hands
Yes if a normal garden snail your daughter should be fine but make sure she washes her hands.
Very important to avoid catching germs is to wash hands-always. It is a great habit to teach your kids early if possible.

In brief: Wash hands
Dr. Kevin Considine
Dr. Kevin Considine
In brief: No-very doubtful.
Rat lung worm or angiostrongylus catonensis is a parasite that mainly lives in rodents such as rats and can infect garden snails and slugs that come into contact with infected rat faeces.
People can be infected when handling or eating snails.Most have no symptoms. Others may have only mild, short lived symptoms. Rarely, rat lung worm causes eosinophilic meningoencephalitis. Wash hand thoroughly!

In brief: No-very doubtful.
Dr. Michael H. T. Sia
Dr. Michael H. T. Sia
Dr. Shontae Buffington