I'm having a d and c done. I take neurontin, buspar, (buspirone) Paxil and effexor. Will anesthesia interact with them if I take them before surgery? Told was ok

Dr. Steven Hill

In brief: Ok

It should be fine.
Take a list with you and show it to the anesthesia provider so they can review again.

In brief: Ok

It should be fine.
Dr. Steven Hill
Dr. Steven Hill
Dr. Robert Greer

In brief: Agree

Your multiple meds make the job of the anesthesiologist harder, but these dr's thrive on challenge.
Very important to let them know what they are dealing with as each of these meds has effects on general anesthesia.

In brief: Agree

Dr. Robert Greer
Dr. Robert Greer
Dr. Richard Pollard
Anesthesiology

In brief: Not much affect

The medications you are taking are essentially the baseline medications that you are on.
They will have minimal effect on the anesthesia drugs that we know. You should mention all the medications you are on to your anesthesiologist.

In brief: Not much affect

Dr. Richard Pollard
Dr. Richard Pollard