My wife was prescibed voltaren (diclofenac) 100mg. She breastfeeds, so will this be a problem? Does "pumping and dumping" work to get voltaren (diclofenac) out after 8hrs?

Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery
In brief: No
This medicine is not safe for use while breastfeeding.
I would recommend not using it at all and getting an alternative med from your doctor.

In brief: No
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Peter Kurzweil
In brief: Check w pediatrician
Probably not, but always check w kids doc.
In general, don't use meds that are not clearly indicated. Yes, many drugs will cross over to the breast milk. Remember, the drug is cleared within 24 hours, but when you pump your breast is what's in it, not when you dump it. Any reason using voltaren (diclofenac) and not some other nsaid?

In brief: Check w pediatrician
Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Dr. Jane Van Dis