The knuckle in one of my fingers cracked about one month ago and it still hurts and I can't type?

Dr. Farhan Tahir
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Trigger finger?

Cracking knuckles had been studued snd found tobe a benign condition.
It should not result in major injury, if there is a tender spot near the hurting joint which can be felt along the palmer aspect of your finger, it could be trigger finger, get an ultrasound or MRI for soft tissue injury or inflammation.

In brief: Trigger finger?

Dr. Farhan Tahir
Dr. Farhan Tahir
Dr. John Goldman
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Injury of tendon

You can have an injury of cartilage, interosseous muscles, joint, cartialge, etc was there swelling? Did it turn balck and blue? Many people can crack their knuckles without a problem. Besides an examination, consider x-rays, ultrasound, MRI to clarify.

In brief: Injury of tendon

Dr. John Goldman
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. Gregory Hines

In brief: Be seen

Cracking your knuckles should not leave any lasting injury.

In brief: Be seen

Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Arnon Rubin