Why am I dreaming so vividly?

Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
In brief: Vivid dreams
Do you take any medications or supplements? Some like nicotine patches or Chantix for stopping smoking; wellbutrin; tetracycline; narcotic pain meds; anxiety meds; malaria prevention meds; and others may be associated with vivid dreams.
Discuss your meds— rx, otc, & supplements with your doc to try to determine what is causing the condition.

In brief: Vivid dreams
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
In brief: Aristotle
Aristotle was one of the first to notice that strong bodily experiences can generate vivid dreams--a person with a fever may dream of a house on fire.
But this is just one cause of vivid dreams. More commonly vivid dreams relate to vivid feelings of which one is but partially aware. Ask yourself, "if this dream were a telling a story of my feelings, what's the story"?

In brief: Aristotle
Dr. Jeffrey Satinover
Dr. Jeffrey Satinover