Breastfed 6wk old doing better since prevacid (lansoprazole). Wana switch 2 form, pediatric says to use alimentum. Howdo I know for certain she has a mlk allergy?

She doesn't to BMilk. Please do yourself and ur baby a huge favor for the rest of her life & continue to breastfeed.Human breast milk is the best thing u can do for ur baby.Assuming mom's nutrition is optimum.There are so many benefits, with the highest- developing baby's strong immune system, ability to digest and therefore have top nutrition&health, &equally important the bond you strengthen w/her that is priceless.
Not sure. Alimentum is an acceptable formula, though if your milk has come in, most will recommend you continue to nurse her. Try the formula for at least a couple of weeks, though. Any change to an infants food can cause diarrhea, constipation, or vomiting. Give it time, and continue the prevacid (lansoprazole).