I have shoulder pain. It feels like it needs popped, but wont. What can I do?

Dr. John Goldman
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: Internal issues
Could be a variety of issues: bursits and tendonitis, rotator cuff injury, tears of a tendon, joint injury, etc you evaluation will include a history and physical; imaging like x-ray, ultrasound, MRI to define the problem. The treatment can be physical therapy, injections etc.

In brief: Internal issues
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. James Bicos
There are many options as to the true cause of the pain, but the feeling of needing to pop the shoulder can be from a bursitis, a rotator cuff tear, or even a cartilage tear. I would get an evaluation from a shoulder specialist.
Dr. Farhan Tahir
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: Unstable shoulder
Shoulder is a very mobile but unstable joint, it could be due to lax ligaments or mild anatomical variations, physical therapy under supervision of a qualified physician will be first step after initial imaging like xray and MRI has been done.

In brief: Unstable shoulder
Dr. Farhan Tahir
Dr. Farhan Tahir
Dr. Daniel Mass
Surgery - Hand Surgery
In brief: See a shoulder surg
If you feel that you need to pop your shoulder and it is stuck in one position at times and hurts you could have a labrial tear. This needs to be worked up and fixed.

In brief: See a shoulder surg
Dr. Daniel Mass
Dr. Daniel Mass
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine