I injured lower back . Currently, I have numb areas on the bottom of my rt foot and can no longer stand on my toes on that foot. Is this an emergenc?

In brief: Yes, if new symptoms

Numbness, tingling, strange pains, or electrical sensations mean that the nerve to the skin is compressed or already damaged.
Inability to do muscle movements (that one used to do) can mean the nerve to the muscle is compressed or already damaged. If the symptoms are new and not already under treatment by a doctor, then it is an emergency and needs evaluation and treatment right away.

In brief: Yes, if new symptoms

Dr. Peter Kurzweil

In brief: At least, urgent

Any back injury followed by neurologic symtptoms (sensory--numbness in part of lower extremity, buttock, anal area) or motor function (weakness in any muscle or mm group, inability to stand on a foot, change in bowel or bladder function).
..Indicates that there is very likely some neuropathic process going related to your lower (limbo-sacral) spine. Suggest visit to primary care doc, or er.

In brief: At least, urgent

Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Dr. Eric Weisman