My foot was run over by a car abt 7 days ago. Just yesterday my big toenail turned grey/purple and is lifting on the side. Is there anything I can do?

In brief: See a podiatrist
You may need the nail removed if there is significant bleeding under the nail and/or a laceration to the nail bed.
You might need an xray to see if there is a fracture.

In brief: See a podiatrist
Dr. Christopher Pappas
Dr. Christopher Pappas
Dr. David Laha
Podiatry
In brief: Protect the nail
The toenail will most likely fall off on its own.
I would keep a band aid over it to avoid having it get torn off prematurely. It will get looser over time. A new nail will grow out slowly over the next 4-8 months. The new nail can grow out deformed if the "root" of the nail was damaged. I hope nothing else was injured. If you have other injuries or concerns, have your foot evaluated soon. Dr l.

In brief: Protect the nail
Dr. David Laha
Dr. David Laha
Dr. Peter Kurzweil
In brief: Yes.
The crush injury to ft left u with at least destruction of toenail itself and/or the nailed at base, where new nail grows.
Hopefully, u iced it, which is effective for decrease pain, swelling, slow down damage to tissue for 1st 48 hrs. X-ray it, because small bones in ft can fx & necrose.. If only nail damaged, can protect it & let new nail grow, or have removed by podiatrist. Either way, c doc.

In brief: Yes.
Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Dr. Jonathan Jassey