How should you cool down a burn? With a cold soda can? Or slowly cool it down starting with a warm cloth

Dr. Cornelia Franz
In brief: A thermal burn
Can be cooled with a warm rag first then moving to cooler. This is the more natural method that is best for the skin.
Warm brings circulation to the area with its antibodies and immune responders. Cold decreases circulation. A chemical burn needs to be washed off immediately to remove the chemical and stop the burning process. With thermal burns most people will instinctively grab something cold..

In brief: A thermal burn
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Steven Hill
In brief: Water
Most burns do best if you run undr cool water. I would not recommend ice.

In brief: Water
Dr. Steven Hill
Dr. Steven Hill
Dr. Steven Seres