I accidentaly got kneed in the mouth and bit my inner lip real hard. What is the best method to heal/disenfect the wound?

Dr. Vasu Brown
Wound care

In brief: B2

Just rinsing is enough for cleaning.
Orally take riboflavin -b2 vitamin twice daily and methionine 500mg twice daily for a week.

In brief: B2

Just rinsing is enough for cleaning.
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Keegan Duchicela

In brief: Salt water rinses.

For the most part, the tissue inside the mouth is pretty resilient.
I would just do intermittent salt water rinses if it's a minor abrasion. If there's significant bleeding or laceration, please see your doc!

In brief: Salt water rinses.

Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Dr. Michael Miller
Wound care

In brief: Natural Healing

The good news is that area has fantastic blood supply and so healing will occur rapidly.
Inflammation (red, hot, tender swelling) is the body increasing the blood flow to the injury to bring healing factors to the area and also the veins expand to carry bad stuff away. Dressings and ointments are of no value there. Avoid further trauma to the area and let nature take it's course.

In brief: Natural Healing

Dr. Michael Miller
Dr. Michael Miller
Dr. Arnold Malerman
And next time wear a mouth guard if you're playing a contact sport
Dr. Bret Boyle
Board Certified, Wound care