My 2 year old has had a cough and fever of 102 for over a week now. Antibiotics and cough meds not working. Cbc and chest xray clear. What now?

Dr. Nela Cordero
In brief: VIRAL INFECTION ?
Hyperpyrexia with cough for 1 week.
Negative CBC and chest xray. If the child is eating and fever goes down with antipyretic, he is playful, most probably it is viral infection lasting for a week. He will start to recover. If he gets worse, your md is there to help you.

In brief: VIRAL INFECTION ?
Hyperpyrexia with cough for 1 week.
Dr. Nela Cordero
Dr. Nela Cordero
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatrics - Pulmonology
In brief: Workup, M.D. visit
There are many causes of prolonged fever for more than 5 days.
Some viral illnesses may result in inflammation in the lung, and then a second infection can result in pneumonia. Given that he has been treated with antibiotics and continues to have a cough/fever I would suggest a chest x ray and visit to his pediatrician.

In brief: Workup, M.D. visit
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Dr. Jane Van Dis