I have a lg dark red raised pimple on the white of my eye (inner corner). What is it & does it require urgent medical attention? Eye feels sore.

Dr. Victor Bello
Ophthalmology

In brief: "pimple on sclera"

Typically this is a pingueculum if it does not invade the cornea or a pterygium if it does.
They appear usually at the 3 and 9 o'clock position, the area most exposed to sun wind and floating particulate matter in air. No urgency. The become inflamed often and the eye becomes uncomfortable. At times mild steroid drops are needed. With inflammation soreness is common. Sometimes surgery is indicated.

In brief: "pimple on sclera"

Dr. Victor Bello
Dr. Victor Bello
Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery

In brief: ? Pinguecula

Your description sounds like an irritated pinguevula.
Try using frequent artificial tears and ointment at night. If no improvement, see an eye doctor.

In brief: ? Pinguecula

Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Jay Bradley