What are some pre-cancerous signs of colorectal cancer?

Colonic polyps. Nearly all colon cancers arise in colon polyps. Unfortunately, colonic polyps are generally asymptomatic and require colonscopy of barium enema for detection. Newer imaging studies may make the detection easier. Patients with inflammatory bowel disease have higher incidence of colon cancer. A family history of colon cancer is an other "sign".
ColOn cancer symptom. 75% polyps and 50% of colon cancers cause no early symptoms thus the importance of screening. If symptoms are present, then blood in the stool and change in bowel habits lead the list.