What leads to happiness, fulfillment?

Dr. Rick Kirschner
General Practice

In brief: 4 Choices

You're dealt a certain constitutional or genetic hand in life.
But what you do with what you've been given is up to you. I actually studied this, and found these choices in common with self described happy people 1. A purpose to fulfill (to give life meaning) 2. Healthy habits (health is wealth) 3. Enough energy (to be proactive not reactive) 4. Positive relationships (low drama, high support.

In brief: 4 Choices

Dr. Rick Kirschner
Dr. Rick Kirschner
3 comments
Dr. Rick Kirschner
It is good to have a vision for your life (Purpose), and to move forward towards fulfilling it (Habits). Still, this is the only moment you have for sure (Energy). You're not a human doing, you're a human being. Yet most people make themselves unhappy by holding on to the dead past and/or fearing the imagined future. And if you don’t look around, you can miss it. You can take time each day to be here, where you actually are, if you just stop doing and breathe, you can literally inspire yourself.
GREAT answer!
Dr. Anthony Vertino
Clinical Psychology

In brief: If I told you...

It might spoil it for you.
Happiness for me is different that for you. But if you are looking for accomplishment, praise, accolades, money, or success you're probably missing it. These things bring excitement, but not fulfillment. Love, intimacy, trust, respect, honest communication may lead you on the right path.

In brief: If I told you...

It might spoil it for you.
Dr. Anthony Vertino
Dr. Anthony Vertino