How do I handle my child's asperger's syndrome on a daily basis?

In brief: Support!

Parents of autistic children and adults cope with issues ranging from guilt and frustration to financial issues, isolation, and sheer loneliness.
You are not alone - and there are many ways to find support, rest, resources and friends. Check out: autism.About.Com/.../autismandthelaw/autism_legal_and_financial_...

In brief: Support!

Dr. Michael H. T. Sia
Dr. Michael H. T. Sia
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Pediatrics - Developmental & Behavioral

In brief: Educate yourself

Books by dr. Tony attwood & info at o.
A.S.I.S.Org help you understand "mind-blindness" (lack of theory of mind), rigidity of thought, deficits in pragmatic language & other issues that cause atypical behaviors & delayed social skills. He'll need therapy for both. If adhd or anxiety symptoms impact your child's function, seek help from a "db pede" or child psychiatrist. Set rules & consequences.

In brief: Educate yourself

Books by dr. Tony attwood & info at o.
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Pathology

In brief: See the positives

Aspies may not show you the same warm affection that a more common-type kid will.
If you can use positive suggestion to focus junior on academics, get him involved in a sport that emphasizes strength and endurance rather than coordination and teamwork, and remember that no two people are the same, you may find this kid to be a very rewarding one in the long run.

In brief: See the positives

Dr. Jonathan Jassey