Should I change my diet after a heart stent is done?

Dr. Steven Ajluni
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: CAD post-MI diet
Yes. Take the attitude that regardless of my dietary habits in the past, a heart attack occurred and your diet shd be improved to reduce saturated fat intake and optimize improved fat and sugar content.
Choosing lean protein ounces rich in omega-3 fish oils (particularly fish), ith more fruits and vegetables. Olive oil will be helpful to cook with.

In brief: CAD post-MI diet
Dr. Steven Ajluni
Dr. Steven Ajluni
Dr. Francis Uricchio
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
A low-fat low-cholesterol diet will help prevent heart attacks and the need for additional stents or coronary artery bypass surgery.
Once you have had a stent, the goal for the "bad cholesterol" (ldl) should be 70 mg/dl or less. This can usually not be achieved with diet alone but requires cholesterol-lowering medications.

Dr. Francis Uricchio
Dr. Francis Uricchio
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology