How can I make wise footwear choices as a working woman?

Dr. Peter Corrado
In brief: Foot Health
If you are on your feet a lot, you want to look for the following.
A comfotable fit that is not too tight or too loose with socks or stockings. Wear what you would wear to work when trying on the shoes. Good arch support. A wide toe box to prevent cramping of the toes, which can lead to bunions and hammer toes.

In brief: Foot Health
Dr. Peter Corrado
Dr. Peter Corrado
Dr. Ellen Wenzel
It is also a wise idea to shop for shoes at the end of the day as feet tend to swell slightly throughout our workday and this will lead to a more comfortable day long fit.
Dr. David Laha
Podiatry
In brief: Comfort and support
Better shoes usually make the workday more tolerable.
My rule of thumb is "the thicker the sole, the stiffer the shoe, the better the support, the better the shoe". Rounded toe box and lower heel can reduce pressure and improve comfort. The shoes should feel good when you try them on. Dr l.

In brief: Comfort and support
Dr. David Laha
Dr. David Laha
Dr. Jane Van Dis