How can I ensure my safety if at risk of falling?

Dr. Cornelia Franz

In brief: Tai Chi

Hopefully you have discussed this with your physician.
Without knowing what places you at risk and if you have any physical limitations, i can suggest tai chi. Tai chi is slow movement...And studies show repeatedly that it improves balance and decreases risk of falling. See if you can locate a tai chi teacher in your area (it is better to learn from a teacher rather than a video).

In brief: Tai Chi

Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Marc Wager

In brief: Lighting, handrails

You need to make sure that areas where you walk are well lit, wear adequate footware (did you know that more accidents occur in socks as opposed to bare feet or shoes?) and walk on surfaces that aren't slippery.
Also, if you're unstable, you may benefit from handrails, or an aid for walking (cane, walker, etc). Physical therapy may help as well.

In brief: Lighting, handrails

Dr. Marc Wager
Dr. Marc Wager
Dr. Jack Hinkle