What should I do if I think my ingrown toenail is infected?

Dr. David Laha
Podiatry

In brief: Soak/antibiotic oint

Soak in warm soapy water 15-20 min daily, trim the nail corner if easy access and you can see it well, rinse with hydrogen peroxide, blot dry, apply antibiotic ointment and a band aid.
Continue until resolved. If chronic problems or an increase in redness, soreness or concerns, see your podiatrist. It is not a difficult problem to fix on a permanent basis if necessary. Dr l.

In brief: Soak/antibiotic oint

Dr. David Laha
Dr. David Laha
Dr. Adam Teichman
Orthopedic Surgery - Foot & Ankle

In brief: Podiatrist

If you think you have an infected toe nail seek medical attention with a podiatric foot and anke surgeon.
Visit eastpennfoot.Com for more information.

In brief: Podiatrist

Dr. Adam Teichman
Dr. Adam Teichman

In brief: See a podiatrist

Signs of infection are redness, swelling, and drainage from the nail fold- see a podiatrist for proper treatment.

In brief: See a podiatrist

Dr. Christopher Pappas
Dr. Christopher Pappas
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery