What should I do if I think my ingrown toenail is infected?

Soak/antibiotic oint. Soak in warm soapy water 15-20 min daily, trim the nail corner if easy access and you can see it well, rinse with hydrogen peroxide, blot dry, apply antibiotic ointment and a band aid. Continue until resolved. If chronic problems or an increase in redness, soreness or concerns, see your podiatrist. It is not a difficult problem to fix on a permanent basis if necessary. Dr l.
Podiatrist. If you think you have an infected toe nail seek medical attention with a podiatric foot and anke surgeon. Visit eastpennfoot.Com for more information.
See a podiatrist. Signs of infection are redness, swelling, and drainage from the nail fold- see a podiatrist for proper treatment.