What are procedures used for colorectal cancer screening?

Dr. Paul Hartlaub
Preventive Medicine
In brief: Several possible
You can check your stool for hidden blood, get colonoscopies (checks whole colon), or get a combination of flexible sigmoidoscopies (checks part of colon) and stool checks.
Screening should be done between age 50 and 74 unless there is another reason to start earlier or go later. All of these methods work! a good proven prevention guide by age is an iphone app called my health checklist 2012.

In brief: Several possible
Dr. Paul Hartlaub
Dr. Paul Hartlaub
Pathology
In brief: Polyp detection and
Removal. Almost all colon cancers arise in polyps and colonoscopy is the best method for detection of polyps as well as colon cancers.
Other methods are testing for occult blood in stool, barium enema and 3d ct scans.

In brief: Polyp detection and
Dr. Peter Kurzweil