When should I call my doctor if I have basal cell carcinoma excision last week?

Dr. Bryan McIntosh
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: One Week

Typically you'll want to follow up with your doctor one week after the cancer was removed.
Your doctor should have results from the pathologist, and you'll be able to find out if any further surgery is needed. Plus, sutures could be removed after one week.

In brief: One Week

Dr. Bryan McIntosh
Dr. Bryan McIntosh
Dr. James Kurley
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: As instructed

You are likely to have the need for stitches to be removed and that will usually be in 7-14 days depending upon where the tumor was removed.
However, if the removal was via a "shave" biopsy there won't be stitches to be removed and follow-up should have been arranged prior to you leaving. I would call the office and find out what they usually recommend as part of their routine. Good luck.

In brief: As instructed

Dr. James Kurley
Dr. James Kurley
Dr. Adam Smith