Can you be a police officer if you have mitral valve prolapse?

In brief: Hard to comment

MVP is quite variable.
It may or may not be associated with a leaky mitral valve. It may have no effect on a persons health or place them at risk of heart failure. Since it has such a wide range of possibilities there is no simple answer. Any job that requires physical stamina will also have a set of standards you must meet before acceptance into sponsored training. I would look into that 1st.

In brief: Hard to comment

MVP is quite variable.
Dr. Robert Binford
Surgery - Thoracic

In brief: Probably yes

Mitral valve prolapse without any regurgitation (leaking valve) should not be a problem; however, every organization has certain standards and i would check with the department's medical staff.

In brief: Probably yes

Dr. Robert Binford
Dr. Robert Binford
Dr. Kevin Lingle
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

Mvp by itself should not limit you in anyway whatsoever. Just have a check-up and echocardiogram prior to enrolling.

Dr. Kevin Lingle
Dr. Kevin Lingle