What can you do about bunions on my feet?

Shoes/surgery. Bunions are structural deformities. They are a misalignment of the bones mainly due to genetics and foot function. Conservative care consists of good shoes that do not irritate the bunion and support. This can treat the symptoms but won't correct the deformity. Surgery is usually necessary to address the structural misalignment. See your podiatrist. Acfas.Org. Dr l.
Surgical correction. Two of the biggest misconceptions about bunion surgery are: the bunion will come back and surgery is painful. I think you will be pleasantly surprised that our patients do not generally have these issues. The reason bunions can recur is usually due to under-correction. Surgery is more of an art than a science. It is the responsibility of the surgeon to select and execute the appropriate procedure.
Depends if they hurt. Bunions are a structural deformity where bone on the side of the foot "sticks out, and resembles a bump". Just because you have one, doesn't mean you have to fix it. If it is painful, i believe it should be fixed. If not, be wise in the shoes you select to wear. Anything tight will likely exacerbate the bunion.
Treatment options. Treatment options for the management of bunions include conservative and surgical management. Conservative management options include use of orthotic devices, change in shoe wear, medications such as oral no-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (nsaids), steroid injections, padding of corns and calluses, and splinting and strapping.
Do they hurt? If asymptomatic, bunions like other elective orthopaedic problems should be left alone. If causing enough pain or functional limitations, operative treatment can be considered. There are many different bunion operations-it's important to "match the patient to the operation" to achieve lasting success. Be wary of "quick fix" surgeries.