When should I call my doctor if I have Crohn's disease and am pregnant?

Dr. Emmanuel Quaye
In brief: Right away
There is really no reason to wait until you have complications before calling.
Moreover, if you are on medications, ther may adversely affect the baby. Please call now.

In brief: Right away
Dr. Emmanuel Quaye
Dr. Emmanuel Quaye
Dr. Sidney Vinson
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology
In brief: Before pregnancy
In general if you are considering pregnancy it is important to discuss this in advance as some of the medications used to treat crohn's disease may be hazardous in pregnancy.
If you have an unexpected pregnancy you need to call your gastroenterologist to discuss you therapy and make sure your obstetrician is aware. There can be circumstances which may ultimately affect treatment and delivery.

In brief: Before pregnancy
Dr. Sidney Vinson
Dr. Sidney Vinson
Dr. Adam Levy