When should I call my doctor if I have colorectal cancer family history?

Dr. Robert Cloud
Surgery - Colorectal

In brief: Screening

You should start colonoscopy screening at age 40 or ten years before the earliest case in your family, whichever is earlier

In brief: Screening

Dr. Robert Cloud
Dr. Robert Cloud
Dr. Jan Lei Iwata
Painless to screen. May save your life. Do it during your annual physical. It will give you peace of mind.
Pathology

In brief: By age 40 or sooner

Colonoscopic screening for cancer is recommended by age 50 and earlier if there is a family history.
You should develop a relationship with a primary care provider long before you may need the services of a doctor so that s/he may advise you about other preventive and health maintenance matters.

In brief: By age 40 or sooner