He acts like im crazy. Should I tell all my symptoms if my doctor diagnoses fibromyalgia?

Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
As physicians, we need to know all of your symptoms since some may not be associated with fibromyalgia and we do not want to miss any other medical problems that could be treated differently for example.

Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Dr. Romanth Waghmarae
Pain Management
In brief: Fibromyalgia
This kind of response is not unusual as many md's do not believe in fibro or feels helpless with a diagnosis of fibro.
Yes i would let him know all the symptoms and also ask for a referral to either a rheumatologist and /or a pain doctor.

In brief: Fibromyalgia
Dr. Romanth Waghmarae
Dr. Romanth Waghmarae
Dr. Laurence Badgley
General Practice
In brief: Overcome skepticism
Persuasion of others that #fibomyalgia is causal of one's symptoms sometimes frustrating.
Some doctors have difficult time understanding something that is more nebulous than concrete; without definitive objective findings. American college of rheumatology has determined that diagnosis effectively obtained by a scored questionaire. Find health advisor and take the test ; show to other advisors.

In brief: Overcome skepticism
Dr. Laurence Badgley
Dr. Laurence Badgley
3 comments
Dr. Laurence Badgley
The American College of Rheumatology is the national expertise and authority for diagnosis and therapy of fibromyalgia.
Dr. Laurence Badgley
FM oft overlooked due to lack of objective laboratory &/or imaging study findings. Time constraints from economic realities prohibit in-depth history taking & pattern recognition. Symptoms nebulous & similarly seen in many patients historically known as malingering and/or beset with psychiatric disorders. As a result many doctors doubt reality of FM.  
Dr. Adam Levy