I had a mole removed and it seems to be healing fine, but I've noticed right in the middle of the area is a dark spot. Is this normalk?

Dr. Scott Bolhack
Wound care
In brief: Healing spot
The spot could be normal but it is best to return to the clinician who removed the mole to make a determination.
Of course, monitor the spot in the meantime for size, growth or resolution (we hope!).

In brief: Healing spot
Dr. Scott Bolhack
Dr. Scott Bolhack
Dr. Joseph De santi
In brief: Depth Darkness
Depending on how the mole was removed this could be some hyperpigmentation of the scar or actual residual left from the original mole.
The pathology report should have indicated if the "margins were clear" meaning the entire width, depth and breath of the mole was removed in the specimen. If not, the colored portion may actually be pigmented cells from the original mole, which could return.

In brief: Depth Darkness
Dr. Joseph De santi
Dr. Joseph De santi
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery