The outside corner of my eye is sore and a little red. My wife works at a daycare with all sorts of nasty stuff. Pink eye maybe?

Dr. Jeffrey Gold
Ophthalmology
In brief: See an Eye MD
Could be conjunctivitis, blepharitis, angular blepharitis.
Use warm compress twice a day and if no relief in a day or two see your eye md.

In brief: See an Eye MD
Dr. Jeffrey Gold
Dr. Jeffrey Gold
Dr. Peter Kurzweil
In brief: Prob not pink eye.
Pink eye--both eyes become injected from irritation of small vessels in covering (conjuctiva): usually viral origin.
Allergic conj. Is due to some allergen in the air (this year is bad, in ny) and is pink, teary, and itchy. When unilateral (only one eye) with discharge--bacterial conj. Prob. If very red, subjconj. Hemorrhage likely--looks nasty, not serious. Don't rub, cool comps. Persists-doc.

In brief: Prob not pink eye.
Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Dr. Jonathan Jassey