I have been told that I have a hematoma after a circumcision. Anything I can do other than just rest? My penis very swollen

Dr. Jon Ahrendsen

In brief: See your doctor

Only the doctor who operated on you can really advise you after seeing the problem if this is something that needs further treatment or something that sometimes happens and the body will eventually heal itself.
Collections of blood can sometimes happen after surgery and if not too big will naturally resolve. One look by the doctor is worth 1, 000 words from a blog or chat line.

In brief: See your doctor

Dr. Jon Ahrendsen
Dr. Jon Ahrendsen
Dr. George Klauber
Pediatrics - Urology

In brief: ? Clot evacuation

Allowing collection to be removed may be a consideration if hematoma consists of a large collection of blood or clot because it may take a long time to clear up with rest alone.
You might benefit from an independent second opinion.

In brief: ? Clot evacuation

Dr. George Klauber
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. Andrea Brand