I had juverderm applied on my labionasal areas. One side of my face developed necrosis and then healed. I have redness. How long will redness last?

Dr. Alex Lechtman
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Several months
Wow, that is hard to do! they must have put in a ton of juvederm.
Your area of redness will heal like any scar. General scar healing times are 12-18 months but the face heals faster. Keep the scar out of the sun to prevent it from becoming darker than the surrounding skin. 30 sun block, wide brimmed hats, etc. Good luck.

In brief: Several months
Dr. Alex Lechtman
Dr. Alex Lechtman
2 comments
Dr. Alex Lechtman
Fraxel is a resurfacing laser. I don't use them so take this for what it's worth. I wouldn't recommend resurfacing till at least one year out. When were the injections?
Dr. Alex Lechtman
Give it some more time. Hang in there.
Dr. Bryan McIntosh
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Variable
Redness after juvederm injections should last a matter of minutes.
If you're referring to redness of skin that has healed after it necrosed, this redness can persist for weeks or months. Be sure to avoid further damage to such new skin by using sunscreen daily for at least three months.

In brief: Variable
Dr. Bryan McIntosh
Dr. Bryan McIntosh
Dr. Suzanne Galli
Facial Plastic Surgery
In brief: Filler complication
It is difficult to predict but you may be able to be treated with a steroid creme or perhaps laser.
See your doctor to discuss these modalities.

In brief: Filler complication
Dr. Suzanne Galli
Dr. Suzanne Galli
Dr. J David Holcomb
Facial Plastic Surgery
In brief: MONTHS +
Hopefully the skin otherwise appears normal on the problem side.
Redness or erythema occurs with inflammation and may be associated with allergy, infection, normal healing and certain skin conditions. In your case the redness is likely related to the healing process & should gradually decrease over 3 - 6 months.

In brief: MONTHS +
Dr. J David Holcomb
Dr. J David Holcomb
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery