Is it ok to let my 3 month old breastfed baby sleep until she wakes up to feed? Or should I wake her to feed her?

Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Preventive Medicine

In brief: Trust M N

Mother nature is the best judge and feeding does not have to be a pure routine by the clock.

In brief: Trust M N

Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Dr. Douglas Fronzaglia
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: It's OK

Let her sleep, but remember, she'll be that much hungrier when she wakes!

In brief: It's OK

Dr. Douglas Fronzaglia
Dr. Douglas Fronzaglia

In brief: Depends

This depends on how you want to live.
I favor mom's getting good sleep. That means never letting them sleep more than 2-2.5 hours in a single stretch during the day, and letting them sleep as long as they want at night. Otherwise a long day nap flips their day/night cycle.Have them wake up eating, and settling to sleep alone without refeeding.Works well.

In brief: Depends

This depends on how you want to live.
Dr. Shontae Buffington