I had a benign tumor removed from my bladder. I'm 38 with recurrent bladder infections. What are the chances of getting another tumor?

Pathology

In brief: High

Benign tumors of the bladder are rather uncommon but very-low-grade-malignant tumors are extremely common and need close follow-up.
If you lesion was indeed a "primary urothelial neoplasm of limited malignant potential" (say "punlmp") you'll do well to have a lasting relationship with a urologist who will want to keep your bladder under surveillance.

In brief: High

In brief: It depends

It depends on the type of tumor. "urothelial" tumors in general are prone to recur over time with the exception of urothelial papilloma, which usually doesn't.
Other non-urothelial benign tumors may not recur, depending on the type. There are also some inflammatory reactions that may resemble a tumor but are not cancerous or precancerous.

In brief: It depends

Dr. Sean Williamson
Dr. Sean Williamson
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham