My 17 month old has been drooling a lot today and it's thick and accompanied by a snotty nose. Was fussy at random during the day. What should I do ?

Dr. Michael Amster

In brief: Look in mouth

If he's drooling a lot, it means he doesn't want to swallow.
When accompanied by cold symptoms, it is usually going to be a sore throat. Currently we're seeing a lot of hand/ foot and mouth disease going around; canker sores in the mouth and red bumps or sores on hands and feet. They hurt a lot, and usually Ibuprofen or tylenol (acetaminophen) will help. The biggest issue is to keep them well hydrated.

In brief: Look in mouth

Dr. Michael Amster
Dr. Michael Amster
Dr. Shontae Buffington