T3 (liothyronine) uptake and T4 thyroxine and free T4 index are normal, but TSH is4.65 and per the lab that is high. The highest normal is 4.5. What does this mean?

Dr. Martin Linder

In brief: Subclinical

Lab results are consistent with a diagnosis of subclinical hypothyroidism representing very mild and early case of hypothyroidism. I would recommend repeating your blood test first.
If these results are confirmed many doctors would recommend thyroid replacement although there is some controversy about the need for treatment. If no treatment thyroid function test should be rechecked in the future.

In brief: Subclinical

Dr. Marsha Davis