My 4 mo old is starting to clamor for solid food. I want to wait til 6 mos per our dr...Any tips on reducing his frustration while stalling him?

Dr. Michael Amster
In brief: 4-6 mo is fine
Solids can be given anytime between 4 and 6 mo of age.
That said, 6 mo is better as the tongue extrusion reflex is gone. Most parents wind up giving solids around 5 mo when their children are really intently wanting the solids and the tongue reflex is gone. You can always spoon formula or milk, so he gets used to having solids given that way. Cereal is pretty soupy at the beginning anyways.

In brief: 4-6 mo is fine
Dr. Michael Amster
Dr. Michael Amster
In brief: Clamor ????
It is easy to project the interest on the kid, but I haven't figured out how a baby tells you they want solids.
Infants are little mimics and are drawn to copy what you, particularly if you seem to enjoy it.You can use that tour advantage when you are ready. Babies don't need solids in the first year but as a culture we begin training them to the table by offering solids. It is great to wait.

In brief: Clamor ????
Dr. Shontae Buffington