my period is 23 days late and I keep getting negative test. Could my hCG still be low..?

Dr. Gerard Honore
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Less likely
It's possible, but if your cycles are mostly regular it's unlikely.
If your cycles are usually irregular then pregnancy might actually be more likely. A serum test is reliable after 10-11 days, so unless you suspect you ovulated up to 2 weeks late it's probably for another reason.

In brief: Less likely
Dr. Gerard Honore
Dr. Gerard Honore
Dr. Shiao-Yu Lee
Gynecology
In brief: Hcg
If two pregnancy tests, done 2 weeks apart, are both negative, you are not pregnant.

In brief: Hcg
Dr. Shiao-Yu Lee
Dr. Shiao-Yu Lee
Dr. Armando E. Hernandez-Rey
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Unlikely
This is probably due to an ovulation or lack of ovulation rather than due to a pregnancy test.
You should seek care with your gynecologist as soon as possible if this is something new for you.

In brief: Unlikely
Dr. Armando E. Hernandez-Rey
Dr. Armando E. Hernandez-Rey
Dr. Jane Van Dis