Tingling, numbness spasms on legs and feet when laying down to sleep. Restless leg syndrome?

Dr. Hanul Bhandari
Internal Medicine - Sleep Medicine

In brief: Possibly RLS

It may be restless legs syndrome (rls), if you have an urge to move them which gets better with movement ; worse with rest.
Please see a sleep medicine specialist to determine if it is truly RLS ; to adequately treat it. Until then, try to keep hydrated, do gentle leg stretches prior to bedtime, avoid caffeine, and try to regularize your bedtime. Hope that helps!

In brief: Possibly RLS

Dr. Hanul Bhandari
Dr. Hanul Bhandari
Dr. Walid Harb

In brief: Search for the cause

Many causes to leg spasms at bedtime: restless leg may be one but should consider neuropathy (diabetes, B12 deficiency etc), dehydration (not enough fluids), lacking enough electrolytes (potassium, magnesium, calcium, phosphorous etc), medications side effects like cholesterol meds or diuretics (water pills).
You & your doctor can get to the cause in order to properly treat this.

In brief: Search for the cause

Dr. Walid Harb
Dr. Walid Harb
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Preventive Medicine

In brief: May sound strange

But I have seen many people with this complaint.
It is commonly due to poor diet, particularly all the sweet "junk" that affects energy metabolism. See my blog "oxygen the spark of life" that you can google.

In brief: May sound strange

Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology