What can I do for a ingrown toe nail, I don't have insurance, so I can't go to the doctors.I can't even touch it it hurts that bad?

Dr. Oliver Wang
Podiatry
In brief: Soaks
Try to soak in warm water for 20 minutes and try to see pedicurist to remove ingrown nail border.

In brief: Soaks
Dr. Oliver Wang
Dr. Oliver Wang
Dr. Ellen Wenzel
Podiatry
In brief: Call a Doctor
You don't want an infected ingrown toenail to result in excruciating pain or even worse significant infection.
Call a foot specialist or even a primary care provider (check with their staff to see if they perform ingrown nail procedures first) even without insurance many offices will take patients on a cash pay basis. Be prepared to make financial arrangements or pay in full at time of service.

In brief: Call a Doctor
Dr. Ellen Wenzel
Dr. Ellen Wenzel
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dermatology
In brief: Soak,trim
Soak in warm water, trim corner of nail on angle so it does not cut into skin, and pad area with cushioning in foot care aisle to relieve pressure.
This may be recurring problem that eventually may need be treated permanently by foot doctor with phenol , chemical narrowing of problem nail.

In brief: Soak,trim
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. Morris Westfried
In brief: Try several things
As long as there are no signs of infection, try to soak the toe in warm water with epsom salt, get a cuticle stick and ;push the skin away from the nail.
Apply topical antiseptic such as neosporin and a band aid. If it seems to be infected go to the er.

In brief: Try several things
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Bret Boyle
Board Certified, Wound care