My butt itches after I go to the bathroom, and at 2am, when i'm sleeping. Sometimes it wakes me up. ?

Dr. Eric Kaplan
Surgery - Colorectal

In brief: THe most

Common cause of anal itching especially if it wakes you from your sleep is caffeine followed by excess perspiration.
Do not use witch hazel! cut out all caffeine and use corn starch powder on your bottom when getting dressed and whenever you feel dampness or itching in that area. Avoid petroleum based creams of any kind.

In brief: THe most

Dr. Eric Kaplan
Dr. Eric Kaplan
Dr. Albert Pizzo

In brief: Nocturnal rectal itc

See your doctor for an exam and also check for pinworms.
The worms crawl out of the rectum during middle of the night and cause irritation. There are many other possibilities so get checked up soon.

In brief: Nocturnal rectal itc

Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Albert Pizzo