Should I get a hip replacement if I have osteoarthritis at 40 years old?

It depend. What can problem you have, some are not active and have low physical demands the t h r will okay for you if you are physically active it is better to delay as much as possible.
No. No. Too young and other conservative options should be used.
Not your 1st choice. In today's environment, although unusual, hip replacement may be indicated for someone as young as 40. After failing all reasonable conservative treatments, it does not make sense to live with horrible pain when replacements are reliable, durable, and reproducible. Improving one's quality of life in such a dramatic way should not be reserved for patients over any arbitrary assigned age.