Mild headache on left side for over 1 yr, MRI of head and neck are clean, neurologist is stumped, doesn't respond to pain relievers. Thoughts?

Dr. Luis Villaplana

In brief: Scalp deep?

Deeper? Always same place? 24/7?

In brief: Scalp deep?

Deeper? Always same place? 24/7?
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Preventive Medicine

In brief: ?diet

It may sound weird but unilateral headache of this nature is caused by exaggerated asymmetry of the autonomic (automatic) nervous system. The commonest cause in my experience is poor diet because it interferes with metabolism in brain.
Get rid of all sugar in all its forms and start taking a well rounded multivitamin. See my blog "oxygen the spark of life" that you can google.

In brief: ?diet

Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Dr. Laurence Badgley
General Practice

In brief: Chronic muscle spasm

Check leading edges of superior trapezium for equality of size & pain to palpating.
If patient is chronically tilting head to one side trapezius on the non-tilt side might be hypertrophic, spastic and replete with trigger points. Look at drivers license and other patient photos to discern chronic unilateral head tilt. The head weighs about 10 pounds. I discuss such ideas on quora.Com.

In brief: Chronic muscle spasm

Dr. Laurence Badgley
Dr. Laurence Badgley
Dr. Cindy Juster