Can using flea/tick liquid on your dog be unsafe around pregnant women. I use advantix my husband handles it and I make sure not to pet the dog. ?

In brief: Maybe safe next day?
The advantix website did not mention pregnant women, but seems to say children should avoid the dog until the next day.
It sounds like the chemical will be spread throughout the dog's skin after a day, and not be concentrated in one spot (nor be wet and easy to get onto one's own skin). A google search did not bring up any articles of fetal or newborn complications due to a pet's advantix.

In brief: Maybe safe next day?
Dr. Joseph Bouvier
In brief: See below
Of the active ingredients of advantix: imidacloprid, pyriproxyfen are both toxic to the fetus and Permethrin (the other active ingredient in advantix) is potentially a problem. Therefore, yes, stay away from this during pregnancy!

In brief: See below
Dr. Joseph Bouvier
Dr. Joseph Bouvier
Dr. Adam Levy