I have a great insurance co, nameless, I take 8mg Zofran (ondansetron) 3xdaily, but my ins co only allows me 12tabs /month...Any food for the fight? Thanks4ur help!

Dr. Kenneth Cheng

In brief: Not unusual

It is not unusual for insurance companies to limit the use of medications that are designed for intermittent or short-term use.
You may try to get "prior authorization" by getting your prescribing physician to submit in writing to the insurance company (or pharmacy benefits manager) that your use of zofran (ondansetron) at 3 times a day is a medical necessity. It's worth a try.

In brief: Not unusual

Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
If the prior authorization is denied, ask your doctor to request for a "peer-to-peer" conference to appeal the denial.
Dr. Jane Van Dis