Can you tell me the medical definition of hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy?

Defined. Most often the portion of the heart between the right and left ventricles (septum) is thickened. This narrows the region below the aortic valve and causes a portion of mitral valve to be sucked into this area during ventricular ejection (emptying). As a result there is narrowing of outflow leading to obsruction.
Obstructing heart. Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy with obstruction is a condition of excess thickness of the left ventricle with overgrown muscle causing obstruction of blood flow out of the heart.