Can a child develop a pigeon-toed walk at age 2? My son waks with a foot turned in. There is history on both sides of my family. Is pigeon-toe serious?

In brief: Toe-in walking
Most toddlers will toe in during early walking.
Most of this originates from the hip & the physical changes begin to draws the forefoot outward as the kid ages. This can be slowed by kids who sleep with their feet curled up under themselves or by w sitting ( on the inside of the ankles).U can convert a curling sleeper to straight leg by sleeping them in jeans slowly stitched from crotch down.

In brief: Toe-in walking
Dr. David Laha
Podiatry
In brief: Yes And Usually not
Have this evaluated there are night braces and inserts that may be helpful.
Dr l.

In brief: Yes And Usually not
Dr l.
Dr. David Laha
Dr. David Laha
In brief: Pigeon toed walk
The issue should be monitored if the problem gets worse over time and does not self correct.
The main issue with this is if there is a problem with walking, tripping, etc.

In brief: Pigeon toed walk
Dr. Farshad Bathaee
Dr. Farshad Bathaee
Dr. Cornelia Franz
In brief: Not typically
Most children are pigeon toed (toe in) earlier and outgrow it by two years old.
Sitting in the "w" position can lead to toeing in and should be corrected to sit in the indian position. I usually recommend dancing, karate or gymnastics as aids as those sports require good foot position to perform moves correctly. It is not serious. An orthopedic visit may also assure you.

In brief: Not typically
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Jonathan Jassey