What can I do for poison ivy?

Avoidance is best. The best treatment for poison ivy is to avoid it all together...Once the rash develops, i would recommend antihistamines to control the itch. Also, if severe, you should see your doctor for a prescription of topical steroids.
Depends on stage. Treatment for contact to the poison ivy or poison oak plant depends on the stage of exposure. If the rash is present, a doctor can prescribe steroids and antihistamines. If the exposure is recent and pre-symptoms, washing with tecnu helps remove urushiol, the oil from the poison ivy and poison oak plants that cause the blisters, itching, and pain. See your doctor and don't rub your eyes!