What is the significance of labile hypertension?

Tough to treat. Labile hypertension would loosely be defined as blood pressure which is highly variable, going very high very quickly and down with the same speed. This can be dangerous because if a blood pressure is used to treat the peaks of blood pressure, the valleys can become to deep and cause symptomatic low bp. Working closely with a doctor (primary and or cardiologist) is key in such cases.
Needs control. Get and/or use a home BP cuff. Get a good one and check it against your doctor's. Be sure you've rested for 5-10 minutes before checking your bp. Keep your arm at heart level. Don't go looking for your BP cuff just before checking, keep it on your lap (like when you watch tv). Some fluctuation is normal. If the average is still high, you need medication to keep the average under control.