I wore my flip flops all day and inbetween my big toe hurts badly. Is this normal?

Dr. Barbara Hummel

In brief: Flip flops

Very common when flip flops are first worn.
The area between the toes is sensitive and can become bruised and the skin can even blister. The area toughens and may even form callouses as the flip flops are worn so it is no longer painful. I generally recommend wearing the flip flops for short periods in the beginning. This helps toughen the skin and tissue without injuring the area.

In brief: Flip flops

Dr. Barbara Hummel
Dr. Barbara Hummel

In brief: Maybe

If your flip flops have a strap between your toes it may have irritated the area or caused a blister.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine